Monday, February 13, 2012

Tight Wallet Big Stomach

I, like many New Yorkers, am on a tight budget to get me through the week, but I still like to go out and experience living in the best city in the world. If you have not heard of Groupon by now please google it because it can possible change your life. Groupon and Living Social (another website to google) provide people in cities across the country with deals/coupons on restaurants and bars in their hometown. Everyday a deal goes "live" where a restaurant, for example, will be featured and an email will be sent to you about that restaurant. It is great because you are offered 50% or more off your meal. Here's the catch, because there always is one, the deal expires after a certain time so you only have a limited time to buy it and a specific time to spend it. Once you buy your deal you generally have to wait 24hrs for it to be active and usable in the restaurant.

Groupon has evolved and offers deals called "Groupon Now" where you can buy a deal instantaneously and spend it right away. They also offer you a refund if you purchase a "Groupon Now" and don't spend it in the specified time. I love this even more than the daily deals because if I am out in any part of the city and get hungry I can buy my lunch with a deal I bought a minute before I walked into the restaurant. Groupon and Living Social do more than just restaurants so I highly suggest utilizing them for all of their services. I have been using them for over two years now and have very little to no complaints. I have also used these deals for activities to do while guests or family are visiting. This allows me to show them a good time while keeping everyone's pockets happy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment